HRS Spinlock Vito Deckvest - 170 with Harness Release SystemSpinlock
"Boat owners are reminded that changes announced to the Special Regulations for sprayhoods and snap hooks come into effect from 1 July 2023.
Lifejackets used in category 1 and 2 races after 1 July 2023 have to have a sprayhood. Australian Sailing recommends that the sprayhood comply with ISO12402-8.
Without a sprayhood, sea water can too easily be swallowed and may lead to drowning even when wearing a lifejacket, particularly in situations where sailors are being repeatedly subject to severe spray or immersed by breaking waves." Australian Sailing
The Spinlock Deckvest VITO is the latest inflatable lifejacket harness technology, based on their design work for the Volvo Ocean Race.
All teams were equipped with the same inflatable lifejacket harness developed in collaboration with a core group of Volvo offshore sailors.
Fundamental to the new design was a lifejacket that crews actually wanted to wear more frequently, with developed custom features.
HRS™ is a unique system that ensures a simple release from a safetyline, even when fully loaded. It is easily accessible with either hand, but significantly reduces the risk of an accidental snag or release.
• Striking design finish in durable rip stop fabric
• 170N buoyancy with Hammar® hydrostatic automatic inflator
• Structured fit allows easy donning with simple to adjust buckles
• Course and fine tune adjustment. Fit lifejacket to body size.
• Fine tune adjust each time for layers
• Added protection in high impact areas
• New style structured sprayhood to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
• Pylon Lifejacket Light™ – high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water
• Lume-On™ - Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
• Wider 40mm leg strap with stowage
• Toggle attachment point for optional Chest Pack (DW-PCC)
Hammar® Hydrostatic Automatic Inflator
The Hammar® inflation system is activated by water pressure and will not inflate until the cap is approximately 10cm underwater.
This system is designed for use in more extreme conditions and extended offshore sailing. The benefit of the Hammar® system is that the jacket cannot accidentally inflate from being wet with rain and sea spray.
The unit has a single indicator to show if armed. Delayed inflation can be caused if full immersion of the firing head is delayed by buoyant foul weather clothing.
Re-arm kits available - here.
Deckvest VITO is approved to the following international standards:
• CE Approved
• ISO 12402-3 Lifejacket (170N)
• ISO 12401 Deck Harness
SPINLOCK | Deckvest VITO | Features
SPINLOCK | Deckvest VITO | Features Deckvest VITO is the late...
SPINLOCK | Deckvest VITO | Rearming and Repacking
SPINLOCK | Deckvest VITO | Rearming and Repacking Deckvest VI...
SPINLOCK | Deckvest VITO | Adjusting the Size
SPINLOCK | Deckvest VITO | Adjusting the Size In this video w...
Spinlock Deckvest VITO HRS rearming.
The Spinlock Deckvest VITO is a 170N lifejacket with integrate...