The new Hydroflex top from Australian brand Vaikobi.
Hydrophobic tops have been around for quite a while now and are great because they do a fantastic job at repelling the water away from your skin and keeping you protected from the cold water. However the standard hydrophobic tops in the market tend to be quite stiff and uncomfortable for high activity sports. They also tend to also not be that breathable which is critical when training or racing in high activity ocean sports.
The VCOLD Hydroflex top differs from all other Hydrophobic tops in its overall weight and construction. Using a hollow yarn fabric that is super stretchy and light to wear, the VCOLD Hydroflex Top is able to trap a significant amount of warmth relative to its overall weight. In addition, the super soft plush lining feels so nice next to your skin and will get you excited about hitting the water no matter how cold it is out there!
Importantly, the Hydrophobic Treatment on the outer stops water attaching to the top meaning that you will stay dry and warm for longer than you would in our standard VCold Base Top.
Featuring Vaikobi's trademark side mesh breathable panels, this top is all set to control your body temperature for maximum performance in cool to cold conditions.
- Super light weight and stretchy VCOLD Hydroflex fabrication
- Hollow yarn for increased thermal regulation for its weight
- Hydrophobic treatment to stop water from attaching to the top
- Highly breathable whilst retaining maximum thermal performance
- Breathable mesh side and underarm panels
- Performance fit for maximum comfort