The Aero Pro from Spinlock is a new development in personal watersports protection.
Designed for high agility dinghy, multihull and keelboat sailing, the Aero Pro concept was born due to Spinlock’s technical partnership with Land Rover BAR, Great Britain’s America’s Cup challengers.
The Aero Pro is a body profiled 50N flotation vest that utilises the latest durable high stretch woven fabrics. It is close fitting to the body ensuring a clean and ergonomic shape. The robust fabrics in key wear areas give protection where needed and the close fitting neck collar, sleeves and over length waist gaiter helps to reduce wind and water resistance to ensure it is as aerodynamically efficient as possible.
The unique outer construction of the Aero Pro houses the ultra flexible high buoyancy soft foam, plus optional accessories, and also meets test requirements of ISO12402.
It features an optional D3O® back protector in the spine of the garment that is certified to exceed the performance requirements of EN1621 2:2014. It is compatible for use with a hydration bladder, features low profile stretch stowage pockets and provides access for a trapeze hook when worn over a harness.
- 50N Flotation vest for high agility sailing
- Durable high stretch woven construction for close fitting body, reducing any snagging risks
- Wrap around, close fitting neck collar
- Over length waist gaiter with trapeze hook opening
- Ultra flexible, high buoyancy soft foam
- Low profile stretch pocket
- Access pocket for optional D3O® Impact Protection Back Protector or optional Hydration bladder with oral tube feed
"Australian Sailing’s rules state that sailors racing in dinghies or off the beach boats must wear a lifejacket that is compliant with AS4758 or an equivalent international standard, such as EN393 or ISO 12402-5. Lifejackets that satisfy these standards will be clearly marked with the recognised mark of the standard they comply with." MORE...